As an entrepreneur I am constantly learning, evolving and adjusting. I think you have to in order to be successful, don’t you?
- Don’t let emotions cloud your decisions
It is very easy to get emotional attached to a project or business, but this can cloud your judgment. You don’t want to make costly decisions based on emotion.
- Accept criticism, no matter who gives it to you
- Never stop networking
I remember when I first launched my business I never mentioned it to anyone. My husband would remind that, that person could have been my next sell. You don’t always have to be selling, but networking should be constant
- Learn from your mistakes
I’ve made plenty… How about you?
- Learn from other peoples mistakes
- Try not to mix your family life with your business life
- No matter how successful your are, you shouldn’t stop learning
- Spending money on good lawyers and accountants will save you more money in the long run
This is so true, I’ll have to share my tax story with you one day. Let’s just say my accountant saved me a ton of money last year.
- Don’t be afraid of the unknown
- It is easier to save money then to make it
- Have a marketing plan
- If you don’t have a business mentor, you should look for one
I’ve heard this several times and even discussed it – are you looking for a coach (/are-you-looking-for-a-coach.html). I just don’t know how to go about finding the right coach for me.
- Diversifying is a good way to play it safe
- You don’t always have to pay for advice. You’ll be amazed with the free advice you can pick up from the web
- Live in a location filled with entrepreneurs
Do you have some great entrepreneur do’s and don’ts, we would love to hear about them, leave a comment, it may just help a fellow mom entrepreneur.
Source: QuickSprout.com – 53 ways to become a better entrepreneur