This guest post was provided by Amanda Steinberg,founder of DailyWorth.com.
Newsflash! Just because the economy is depressed doesn’t mean you should crawl back into bed and pull the covers over your head. Now, more than ever, you should get to know your finances, create a budget, map out your short- and long-term plans, reaffirm your goals. Staying ahead of the curve will keep you on track to be the successful, fulfilled woman and mother you want to be. But don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers. They’re in full bloom.
- Ready. Aim. Go.You have to start with a direction. Moving in a direction, even if it’s not the right one, is better than standing still in a thunderstorm.
- Are You Worth It? Damn right, you are. Don’t underestimate your own value. Financially, professionally, creatively. In every sense of the word. Know your worth, appreciate it, make it clear, and the world will recognize it.
- !*$#*%@!Budget is not a bad word. Knowing how much you’re spending, saving and earning is something to
strive for. So is living within your means. Remember that the next time you whip
out your credit card to charge four magazines, a takeout sushi lunch, a few pairs of groovy earrings, that little black dress at H&M, the newest White Stripes CD …
- Watch Your Mouth You may be Helen of Troy when it comes to looks and Einstein when it comes to brains, but if you don’t watch what you say and how you say it, who cares? Pay attention to what you say about yourself. If you devalue yourself in conversation, the world will, too.
- Can’t Get No Satisfaction?Find more meaning in the things you already own. Don’t dream about what you can buy. Enjoy what you have.
Did you find these affirmations helpful? Sign up for a daily affirmation and money-related tip at DailyWorth.com. DailyWorth is a free daily personal finance email for women. We deliver practical tips, empowering ideas and the occasional kick in the pants.