I am an avid online shopper. I’ve made several large purchases and event some under $20 and haven’t had any problems. Not only do I shop online but I also own an online baby boutique. Shopping online is convenient, you can gift wrap and you don’t have to drive anywhere.
I’ve been trying to convert my mother to an online shopper and stumbled across these great tips on how to save money shopping online.
- Always check for a coupon or promotional code before checking out. Visiting CurrentCodes.com and getting a coupon only takes a few seconds and could save you anything from free shipping to 50% off or more.
- If you know the exact product you want to purchase, it pays to visit several online retailers to get the best price. CurrentCodes.com can help you find that best price by giving you a list of online stores in the category you’re shopping for, and showing you the coupons that those stores are offering.
- In general, it is far safer to use a credit card than a debit card for shopping online. Most debit cards do not offer the same level of safety that a credit card does, and when an unexpected or erroneous charge shows up on your debit card, the money is taken from your bank account and you can end up with bounced checks or other issues before you realize the problem has occurred.
- Always be sure that the final checkout screen shows the correct items, quantities, and pricing before you submit your order.
- Some merchants are required to collect sales taxes in your state while others might not. It can pay to check several online retailers if the merchant you’re about to purchase from wants to charge sales tax.
- If you’re an eBay shopper, be sure to check CurrentCodes.com for an eBay coupon, especially if you pay by PayPal. eBay sometimes issues coupons that are valid for purchases made on their site with PayPal. This is especially true near the holidays.
- Pay close attention to shipping charges. Some retailers make up their low prices by padding the shipping, so you want to be sure you’re getting the lowest possible overall price. At LaLaBabyBoutique.com we offer free shipping on purchases $100 or more.
Barry Boone, CEO of CurrentCodes.com created these helpful tips to saving money shopping online. Barry’s company CurrentCodes.com is an indispensable destination for online shoppers; it’s a clearinghouse for promotional codes.