Are you a mother, a housewife or a working woman who wants to create her own blog but don’t know where to start? If your answer’s yes, then keep reading because in the following article we’ll be going through the basics of creating your blog and making money from it…
Finding Your Blog’s Niche
There’s not one, but many different factors that you need to consider when choosing the niche of your blog. You can’t ignore this step because it determines how successful your blog will be in the long run. So make sure you consider factors such as…
- How interesting the topic is to you and if it’s sustainable enough.
- How popular is the niche and if there’s healthy competition in it.
- How profitable is the niche and if you can bring something unique on the table.
Choosing a Blogging Software
The type of blogging software that you go for really matters. One of the most common questions that gets asked around is if WordPress is better than Blogger or vice versa. Since both of them are popular, it can difficult to choose the right one. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a blogging platform…
- Aim for a platform with the highest amount of theme options.
- Look into features and see which of the platforms has the features you need.
- Ease of use is also important, which is why you should choose the platform that you’re most comfortable with.
Creating Blog Content
The backbone of any blog is its content. If you lack in this one area then there’s a high probability that your blog won’t find success. Right from the quality of the information that you’re providing to the quality of your writing, everything needs to be top notch to ensure that your blog gets the attention of your target readers. A few tips to help you create better content…
- Focus on delivering real value to your readers and aim at turning them into subscribers.
- Go for quality instead of quantity because it almost always proves to be the winner.
- Create content that’s highly targeted and tailored to your audience, rather than being vague.
Monetizing Your Blog
If you’re not going to monetize your blog, then what’s the use of running it? Making profit from your blog should be one of your top priorities. The top three ways to monetize a blog are…
- Run Google AdSense ads where you get paid for every unique click that you generate.
- Run third party advertisements by taking help from a reputed online performance marketing agency such as Mediawhiz.
- Recommend affiliate products to your readers and get paid commission for every sale or action.
It doesn’t matter even if you’re on a beginning stage. You can very well create and launch your own blog, and make it profitable if your set your mind to it.