As of December 1, the Federal Trade Commission is going to require bloggers, and prominent tweeters and Facebook types to disclose any paid endorsements to their followers, online friends and readers or face an $11,000 fine.
The FTC rules explained and complained about around the blogoshere.
- New Rule for Marketers: Mandatory Disclosure When Working With Online Bloggers
- FTC’s New Rules for Bloggers: A Quick Guide
- FTC Publishes Final Guides Governing Endorsements, Testimonials
- New FTC Rules for Bloggers and Celebrities Are All Steve Garvey’s Fault
- FTC to Fine Bloggers up to $11,000 for Not Disclosing Payments
- Soon, Bloggers Must Give Full Disclosure
What do you think about the new rules? Did you talk about them on your blog? Share your thoughts below or include a link to your post.