Mom Entrepreneurs imagine what it would feel like knowing that you have the freedom to be involved with your children’s life both at home and at school without some boss breathing down your neck and telling you how, when, where or why you should do your work. Picture this – your son or daughter has an event at school – no problem – you will reschedule something on the calendar and there you are enjoying those precious moments and when they look out in the audience and see mommy’s smiling face – it makes them feel so good and gives them a boost of confidence that will become their default programming for the rest of their lives.
Solopreneurs just think for a moment how good it will feel when you can go hang out with friends whenever you choose, visit a museum, or do whatever because as a Solopreneurs you control how you spend your time and if you have a system and your consistent – you will have the time of your life making money and living the life you love and loving the life you live.
Sisters don’t get me wrong there will be challenges along the way but the rewards far outweigh the challenges. Welcome those challenges it means your business is alive with promise and heading the right direction. Do you think Microsoft or the Oprah Empire does not have challenges? Of course they do and they welcome them, each challenge is a catalyst for them to reap more success.
Here are seven tips to ignite your confidence so that you can believe in your dream and begin to take action to make it real.
- Clarity – this is an important first step for your business launching. Clarity gives you more control over your actions. Who are you at your core, what are your beliefs, what are your values. Take a few minutes to write that down.
- Become involved with a business where you are serving others and doing something that you are good at. Become an expert and not only will you be helping others but you will be making money. If you are not clear as to what you
are good at ask the people you trust and they will let you know.
- Vision – Now create a mental vision for your business. Next get paper, pencil, pen or crayons and create a visual image of your vision and put it in a place where you can see it on a regular basis. (be as creative as you want to be)
- Goals – Spend some time writing the goals you need to accomplish to start your business. There will be other goals for building the business- expanding the business – exiting the business etc. Your focus for today is starting your business. Be specific with your goals, have a time frame, make sure you believe your goals are possible and connect to your goals with your emotions and all of your senses. Feel them strongly and powerfully, see them being accomplished, taste your success and hear the celebration.
- Courage– Be courageous and get out of your comfort zone and take a risk for your business success. Have the courage to embrace your fears to stay the course to take action to accomplish the goals for your business.
- Affirmations – An affirmation is positive self talk – it is a statement that says you have received your goal before it happens in the physical world. Affirm the successful start up of your business. Write your affirmations just before going to bed and upon awakening. Put them on index cards and keep them in your purse and look at them through out the day or you can post them where they are visible in your home. Think them, speak them and read them. They are powerful. Create your own affirmations here are some examples:
- I successfully started my business.
- The goals for my business happen quickly and easily.
- I will always find solutions.
- Gratitude – Take time to give thanks for the successes you have received and for
those you have not yet received. Write what you’re thankful for each and every
day and you will accelerate your business success.
Please take the time to share your ideas your fears so that your other sister entrepreneurs can be inspired and enlightened. There are some other resources listed below that will help to facilitate your successful journey. I would love to hear from you – what worked and what didn’t.
Book: The Girls’ Guide to building a million dollar business
Video: Entrepreneurs can change the world. (I saw this video a long time ago and was inspired too!)
Adalia John is a single mom entrepreneur who successfully raised 4 children to be outstanding citizens of the world. She is a hypnotherapist/confidence and empowerment coach who enjoys helping people, women especially, to see the tools they already have to transform their lives, so that they can begin to live the life they love and love the life they are living.