When my daughter was in daycare I would find pictures randomly posted on the walls and always wanted to get digital copies of the pictures, but the school never had an organized way of sending the pictures to the parents. They would give me a printed copy that is often on a simple sheet of paper, but that’s all. I bet there are a ton of moments captured that I missed out on.
Luckily Shutterfly has come up with a safe, secure way for parents and/or teachers to share photos with their new Classroom Share Site Wizard. Now you can experience the missed birthday, Halloween and holiday parties’ one picture out at a time.
The new Classroom Share Site Wizard offers the following features:
- Safe and secure password protection: Sites are members-only; to become a member, users must be expressly invited by the site creator.
- Class roster featuring each child’s parent contact info and a picture so everyone knows who’s who.
- A calendar feature automatically sends reminders about important class events.
- Sign-up sheets invite members to enlist online, removing the hassle of paper sign-up for things like festival participation, field trip chaperons, etc.
- Another way to “green” the classroom: Share sites cut down on the paper that comes home from the classroom because you can post files like homework and parent handouts
- And of course, Shutterfly Classroom Share sites offer unlimited photo and video storage so parents can save shots, send to friends, and use them to make class photo books and more.
I’m going to check with my daughters kindergarten teacher to see if we can get one started for her class.