Do you have multiple blogs with similar content? Do you like to write your posts in Microsoft Word before posting to your blog? It’s a bit tedious when you have to write the post in Word then copy/paste the text into a basic text editor to remove all the fancy (annoying) styling Word likes to embed, then you have to copy/paste again into WordPress or any other blogging software. Then you have to rinse and repeat for every blog you might have. I actually have several blogs some with similar content that I can easily refresh and repost on another blog. Wouldn’t it be cool if you could do that without having to log into each blog?
Last night I stumbled on Windows Live Writer, a blogging tool you install onto your computer that lets you write posts and post them to your blog, without having to go into the blog admin itself. This is actually my first post using Windows Live Writer so we’ll see how it goes.
Windows Live Writer has a full set of blog tools for blogging on Windows Live Spaces and your other favorite blogging sites.
Here are some of the great features of Windows Live Writer:
- Upload videos easily from your PC to Soapbox on MSN Video or YouTube. Load them into your blog in just 3 clicks without ever opening a Web browser or exiting Writer.
- Windows Live Writer makes it easy to publish to most popular blog services, including Windows Live Spaces, SharePoint, WordPress, Blogger, LiveJournal, TypePad, Moveable Type, Community Server, and more.
- If you can use Microsoft Word, you’re ready to get started with Writer. The familiar interface lets you format blog entries without wasting time learning how to use new features.
- Schedule blogs to post on a future date so you can plan for new entries even if you won’t be online. Or compose your blog entries offline, and then publish them when you’re back online.
- Writer detects your blog theme and displays it while you compose and edit, so you can see how your blog post will look before you publish it. Inserted photos, video links, maps, tags, and other rich media are automatically published when you post.