Juggling my busy life has been a definite struggle. Trying to get everything checked off my to do list is nearly impossible. And trying to fit it all within a 24 hour a day, 40 hour work week is IMPOSSIBLE. So when I read “How to Structure Your Time” on The Integrated Mother last week, I thought she was talking to me.
Michele mentions an alternative method to schedule your day, called RGP (roles, goals, plans). Instead of schedule your time daily, the RGP approach schedules your weekly priorities. The goal is to shift your focus from the clock to people.
My roles this week:
What I expect this week:
1. To work exercise back into my daily schedule either by running on the treadmill, in park, or exercise video
2. To find a fun activity for the kids to enjoy over the weekend. Sit down for dinner as a family. Spend an evening with hubby instead of on the computer.
3. Write career objectives and organize contact sheet
4. Add costumes to store, promote on Kaboodle and update other product photos.
5. Complete freelance web design project, check status of pending contracts